Location: Hoofddorp, NL, 2132 WT Netherlands, Hybrid or Remote
Company: Bentley Systems
As part of the Sales Operations group, and reporting to the Proposal Management Team Lead, the Proposal Manager is responsible for managing proposal engagements from qualification to contract award, contemplating competitive, solution, and internal governance elements, in support of the Offer Management Team’s mission of advancing opportunities from lead to contract.
- Review, analyze, and summarize requests from prospects (RFx) and requests from colleagues (proactive proposals) as the basis for a compliant and responsive offering and/or positioning.
- Prepare, present, and control proposal development plans including timelines, outlines, and proposal templates.
- Gather a proposal team from across different Bentley departments.
- Facilitate a complete competitive analysis for individual opportunities.
- Lead proposal development, including steering team based on agreed response strategies and supporting content creation.
- Continuously track and report progress against proposal development plan including making recommendations for content improvement and/or compliance.
- Manage the approval process (internal governance).
- Oversee proposal production and ensure timely delivery.
- Identify, develop, and continuously improve content for reuse.
- Work with the Content team and solution leads to cultivate and develop win themes.
- Collaborate with and engage Deal Desk team to support commercial integrity
- Timely deliver compliant and comprehensive responses (proposals) for each assigned engagement following Bentley Proposal Process.
- Ensure close out of responses in alignment with Bentley Proposal Process.
What You Bring to The Team:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in proposal management/bid management
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize information to support engagement decisions, strategic analysis, and differentiators and win themes.
- Highly skilled project manager: able to effectively convey expectations, efficiently guide pursuit participants, and deliver against timelines.
- Extremely effective communicator with exceptional English writing and public-speaking skills.; capable of interacting with colleagues at various seniority levels.
- Business fluency in German, French, or Spanish is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a recognized capacity to drive resources within other reporting structures to adhere to schedules and comprehensively deliver against expectations.
- Demonstrated skill in writing and editing technical and commercial content.
- Working knowledge of proposal automation tools (e.g., Upland Qvidian) and content and collaboration management systems (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams).
- Combine uncompromising attention to detail with an informed understanding of the dynamics of software solution sales.
- APMP certification is desirable.
What We Offer:
- A great Team and culture – please see our Recruitment Video.
- An exciting career as an integral part of a world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- The opportunity to work within a global and diversely international team.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
Who We Are:
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $1 billion in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.